Covering Social Media Optimization, Social Media Marketing, Search Marketing and more, here’s a round-up of the most popular postings by Emergence-Media, written by Daniel Riveong.
(Note: I’m using this page as a landing page as part of my own personal test on MSN, apologies for the hasty changes)
Web 3.0/Mobile Marketing
- Mobile Media: Web 3.0 OMG! Did I just say that? (2006/11/17)
A look at trends in Mobile Marketing, as the US Mobile Market matures – is it the next step beyond Web 2.0 to Web 3.0?
Social Media Marketing (Virals, Word of Mouth and PR)
- Social Media Optimization: Emergence Mediaâ€™s 5 Themes of SMO (2006/08/17)
One of the early articles on Social Media Optimization (SMO), a thematic overview that asks “If Marketing is Conversation, why aren’t we reading How to Win Friends and Influence People?”
- Social Media Marketing and the OMG-WTF Crowd – (2007-01-15)
They say that Social Media Marketing is all about â€œletting goâ€ on controlling the brand, but are you managing your brand smartly or releasing it to the Social Media Mob, the mob that overtook Edelman and their Microsoft Vista-Acer campaign?
- Farecast: How Online PR can Drive Link Building (2006/08/16)
A case study on how Farecast, the new travel search engine, has embraced Online PR to gain early successes in SEO with minimal effort.
- Yahoo! Answers and SEO (2006/07/30)
Yahoo! Answers is now appearing on the search results, how does this effect Online PR and SEO?
- Social Media, Yahoo and Data Mining – (2006-07-26)
While people focus on Google for both potential privacy issues and the future of search, we maybe should be looking at Yahoo instead.
- Reality Check on Social Media Marketing and Virals – (2006-08-25)
Understanding the limits to Social Media Marketing and Viral.
- Snakes on the Plane: The Future of Marketing? Maybe. (2006/08/21)
An analysis of the word-of-mouth groundswell the shaped the “Snakes on the Plane” movie, from its very lines to its box office success.
- Social Media Release (SMR): Metrics Anyone? – (2007-01-20)
There has been a raging discussion over the merits of Social Media Release, a new form of Press Releases, which includes many Web 2.0 features like social bookmarks. But what’s the use of debate, if there is no one actively measuring how often these “Web 2.0″ features are used?
- The Future of Analytics and the Fate of Page Centricity (2006/09/08)
The marginalization of pageviews with the advent Web 2.0 – specifically the movement from the web as HTML webpage to applications – towards focusing on “engagement metrics” and “business action”
Strictly Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Building Content for Branded and Non-Branded Search (2006/12/13)
Non-Branded and Branded Search terms in e-commerce websites: How does it effect SEO & websites and how can content be positioned to leverage it?
- SEO and Project Management (2006/07/15)
SEO was once a simple technical service, now its Project Management.
- SEO Services and Components – An SEO Mindmap (2006/07/21)
A visual look at the many components of Search Engine Optimization.
The articles were chosen based on my personal opinion, analytics data (of course) and amount of comments posted. Also oddly enough, my biography page, About Daniel, is pretty darn popular too.